Saturday, December 17, 2011

Layering Topaz Adjust on HDR Images

Sometimes HDR processing isn't enough.  Using Topaz Adjust with it might be the answer.

I recently paid a visit to the historic Rose Hill Cemetary in Macon, Georgia.  The sky was clear, the air still, and sun low.  It was perfect for HDR shooting.

But when I brought the images into my computer and processed them in Photomatix, my preferred HDR software, some of them still lacked the snap I was was looking for.  Putting a layer of Topaz Adjust on top of the HDR image offered the look I was seeking.  Superimposing Topaz on top made the inscriptions pop.

Some might say this is overkill.  I say it's a matter of taste.  Here are some of the images. You can make each larger by clicking on it.

HDR

HDR + Topaz Adjust

HDR

HDR + Topaz Adjust

HDR

HDR + Topaz Adjust

No comments: