Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fish Abstractions ... Final Installment

Here are the last four images for this series.









How I made this series:

Photographing these fish was more persistence than technique.  It was easy to bring them close with a sprinkling of food.  But they refused to pose for me.  To get a dozen decent images I needed to take hundreds of images.

The light in some of the shots was too bright to slow the shutter down below 1/8 sec., even at f/22, so I attached a polarizer and cut some glare as well as some light.  Most of the shots were between 1/4 and 1/2 sec.  Focal length varied between 55mm and 210mm on a Sony NEX-7.

For future shots, I'll be using a neutral density filter and shooting slower than 1/2 sec.  If I get any decent compositions, I'll be  posting them here.

No comments: