Sunday, September 9, 2012

Picture of the Week ... September 10, 2012



I selected this picture not because it represents an ongoing project or a particularly artful composition.  I selected it because it demonstrates the surprising versatility of the Sony NEX-7.  This is an infrequent exception to my own rule.  I'm trying to get away from writing about equipment and software, but I'm breaking the rule today because I want to share my surprise.

I shot this image at an outdoor amphitheater in Mableton, GA.  The performers were Kayla Taylor Jazz.  The person in the foreground is our friend, Pam. Settings on the Sony NEX-7 were ISO 1600, f/8, 1/25 sec, with a 28mm Voigtlander prime lens.  Post capture processing in Lightroom 4 included noise reduction and white balance adjustment.

So, what was my surprise?  Simply that I have a decently printable picture that was shot under these particular conditions.

No comments: