Thursday, May 10, 2012

Balenbouche Estate, St. Lucia, West Indies

Balenbouche Estate is a place of quiet natural beauty with relics of a colonial past.  Owned for the past three decades by Ute Lawaetz , she manages the property with her two daughters as a farm/historic site/bed and breakfast/event space. While I stayed there the last two weeks in April, ripe mangos were falling randomly from trees and tropical flowers opened in a succession of spendor.

There is so much to explore there I had to tear myself away to experience what the rest of St.Lucia had to offer.  As a photographer, there was more than enough at Balenbouche to keep me busy: landscapes, flowers, animals, architecture, the ocean. And this doesn't even include the events that go on there.

These images offer a taste of my two weeks at this magical destination.  I offer this as my Balenbouche album.

Enjoy!

























No comments: