Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photo of the Week ... 30 March 2011

This is a new feature.  As long as I'm able to connect to the internet, I'll be posting a new photo each week with a brief commentary.


Click on picture to enlarge
 Tulips photographed at the Atlanta Botanical Garden on March 23, 2011.  Overcast sky.  Canon 5D, 24 mm prime lens, f/4.0, ISO 100, 1/320 sec.  Tonal adjustments in Lightroom and additional adjustments in Photoshop CS3 with Topaz Adjust plug-in.

I was taken by the sea of magenta and yellow, and wanted to capture what caused me to pause on the path.  Rather than maximizing the depth of field by using f/11 or f/16, I chose to blur the colors as they receeded from the featured tulip in the front of the frame.  Topaz enhanced the textures of that tulip and the foreground, and pumped up all the colors in the image.

No comments: