Thursday, August 26, 2010

New search engine added to this blog

I just added a search engine feature available to this blog through Google. lt searches only those web sites I consider the most valuable for information on current issues, technique, and equipment. It taps into more than two dozen sites I personally chose. These are the ones I go to when I need reliable information and new ideas. They're sites like Luminous Landscape, Strobist, Black Star Rising, Photopreneur, American Society of Media Photographers, Digital Photography Best Practices and Workflow, and Fred Miranda.

Using the search bar at the top right of this page, just below my panorama shot of the Salton Sea, will avoid the most annoying thing I find when I do a general web search: links to irrelevant sites.

I started using it for my own searches and find it to be fast, comprehensive, and, most refreshingly, uncluttered by junk.

The best thing about it is that I can add sites at any time for the engine to include in its search. Send me your suggestions. I'll be updating the list whenever I discover new resources to share.

No comments: